Everything You Need to Plan Your Toddler’s Dinosaur Birthday
5 months ago 0 Comments 1.8k Views
Throw your little paleontologist the most amazing dinosaur birthday party! These toddler birthday ideas include party favors, dinosaur-themed food, and roar-tastic birthday activities that will transport your child straight to Jurassic Park! This is a birthday adventure they won’t forget.
Did you know your child’s dinosaur obsession has healthy benefits? Kids with intense interests can develop a better attention span, greater persistence, and improved information-processing skills. What better way to encourage your child’s love of dinosaurs than with a dino-rific birthday party? Try these dinosaur birthday party ideas below and have a roaring good time!
Planning Tips for Your Toddler’s Dinosaur Birthday Party
Dinosaur Birthday Party Decorations
Transport party guests to prehistoric times with these toddler birthday party decoration ideas! These birthday decorations will ensure guests have the best day ever. Create an immersive experience that your party guests will never forget!
- Dino Tracks: Cut out dinosaur paw prints and tape them around your party floor and on your food table. Leave small prizes at the end of the trail, so kids can track a dino and make a special discovery!
- Jungle Décor: Cut out large palm leaves from construction paper and tape them around your party room. Use fake moss, grass, and small plants to decorate your table. Hang fake plant vines down party room walls. You can also paint a jungle background on a large piece of craft paper or canvas.
- Party Music: Play music from the soundtrack of Jurassic Park, or download dinosaur sounds and play them in a corner of your room to set the mood!
Dinosaur Birthday Party Favors
Surprise your guests with cool dinosaur party favors! Put them in a dinosaur-themed plastic bag, or purchase craft boxes and have kids decorate their own party favor boxes with dino stickers, glitter glue, and stamps. Here are some birthday party favors that will have guests roaring in excitement!
- Dinosaur plastic toys
- Dinosaur stickers
- Plastic eggs with mini dinosaurs inside
- Dinosaur bouncy balls
- Plastic explorer helmets kids can wear at the party
- Dino excavation kit: Put sand in mini containers and hide a small dinosaur toy inside. Tie a tiny brush and magnifying glass to the containers. Kids can have their own dinosaur dig at home!
Toddler-Friendly Party Food
These rawrlicious party foods will help you host the coolest toddler birthday party! Finger foods are quick and easy to make—and perfect for little hands to grab and eat. Have fun making these dinosaur treats for your dino bash!
- Dino bones (rice cereal treats shaped into bones)
- Animal crackers
- Dinosaur eggs (JELL-O in an egg mold)
- Volcano-shaped chocolate cake with raspberry “lava” drizzle
- Dino Droppings (kids will roar with laughter at eating dinosaur poop—aka, blueberries in small cups)
- Dinosaur Sandwiches (turkey and peanut butter sandwiches cut with a dinosaur cookie cutter. Tip: Use garden spinach and herb tortillas so your dinosaur finger foods are green!)
- Dino-head watermelon fruit salad (carve a dino head from a watermelon and serve the fruit inside)
Dinosaur-Themed Birthday Activities and Games
These children’s birthday activities and games will make your party a huge hit! Try these dinosaur kid crafts and dinosaur games that are simple and fun.
Dinosaur Mask Birthday Craft for Kids
Have your basic masks and craft supplies ready in advance, before party guests arrive. Buy pre-made plastic masks or make your own using white construction paper and string. Cut out circles, triangles, horns, and dinosaur head frills from construction paper. Set up a pile of the mask accessories and another pile with markers and glitter glue. Have kids decorate their masks with the markers and glue on horns, spots, and head frills to create their own dinosaur mask! Kids can wear their masks throughout the party and stomp around as their favorite dino.
Get the Dino Egg Back to the Nest Party Game
Kids will have to find the dinosaur eggs, hidden around your party venue, and return them to the nest. The one who finds and returns the most eggs wins! (And if your little ones aren’t keeping track, give everyone a prize.) Make a dinosaur nest by lumping clothes in a circle and cover it with a brown sheet. If you are crafty, make one out of paper mache. You can also DIY the dinosaur eggs from paper mache or use balloons.
Sandbox Excavation Hunt
Fill a sandbox or large plastic bin with sand and hide plastic “dinosaur” eggs and dinosaur toys inside. Kids will have a blast “digging” for dinosaurs! This dinosaur dig excavation activity provide stimulation and playtime without getting too messy. Plus it teaches kids about being a paleontologist!
Dinosaur Footprint Craft Activity
Have kids dip their hands in paint and make dino footprints. Try putting rubber bands around their index and middle finger, and another around their third finger and pinky to simulate a dinosaur’s toes. Kids can take home their dino artwork when the party is over!
Don’t Touch the Tar Pit! Racing Game
Create four racing lanes in your backyard or in your party room and mark the lanes using painter’s tape. Then scatter large pieces of black paper around each lane. Kids must race to the other side and back, without touching the tar pits to win!
Feed the T-Rex Game
Throw a bean bag or other object and try to get it into the T-Rex’s mouth. To create this game, draw a T-Rex head on cardboard and cut a hole in the middle of the mouth. Kids will have a blast feeding the T-Rex in this easy birthday game.
Toddler Birthday Gift Ideas
Surprise your child with these awesome birthday gift ideas for toddlers! When you want a unique and creative gift for toddler boys and girls, we have a variety of ideas that’ll impress child and parent.
- Mini trampoline
- Dinosaur toys STEM learning kit
- Personalized birthday books (a custom storybook like All About Me for kids ages 2-8 celebrates the child as they grow another year older)
- Personalized name puzzles to learn and play
- Kids explorer kit with a flashlight and bug catcher
- Glow-in-the-dark Play-Doh
- Foldable play tent
- Superhero cape and mask for imaginative playtime (Check out the personalized book gift set Super Kid! that turns toddlers into superheroes!)
- Dinosaur sleeping bag
- Racetrack mat with toy cars