Frequently Asked Questions
Get Free Shipping When You Spend $60 or More!*
Have a Question?
Due to the custom printing and personalized nature of our products, we may not be able to accommodate changes after your order is placed. If you have a request or question, please email firstname.lastname@example.org anytime or call 877-744-3210 during regular business hours.
About the personalized storybooks
- What if the child's name has more letters than the maximum allowed in the book?
There is a maximum of 15 characters and spaces allowed for the child’s first name.
Another 15 characters and spaces are allowed for the middle name, and another 15 characters and spaces are allowed for the last name.
- Are these books appropriate for adopted children?
Yes, our books work wonderfully for adopted children. Maia and Allan Haag, creators of I See Me! Personalized Books are adoptive parents themselves, and they met with other adoptive parents to ensure that each would work for adopted children. The books talk about the day when the child "arrived", rather than was born. This enables you to decide whether you want to include the child's actual date of birth, or the date when the child arrived in the family. Many families provide the date when the child arrived into the family. Our "My Very Own" books can be used as an educational tool to explain to the child how he or she was named by the family.
Below are testimonials from customers who ordered My Very Own Name® for an adopted child:
"Our daughter is from China and she is just amazing. I am going to mention your books to the families we went to China with because so many of the books specifically about adoption are really corny. Yours open up dialog in a subtle and natural way by talking about the arrival of the baby, rather than the birth. This makes it another way for us to talk about adoption with her." Elizabeth V, Beverly Hills, CA
"The adoption community loves these books! Thanks for such high quality books for our kids!" Grace A, Pottstown, PA
- Can I select certain fairies, animals, sea creatures, or countries to be used in the books?
Yes, we may be able to accommodate this request if you send an email to email@example.com immediately after completing your order. Due to the custom printing and personalized nature of our products, we may not be able to accommodate changes after your order is placed.
Please note that our customer service representatives have to intercept your order to make this change before our software begins to process your order.
Since our customer service representatives do not work on the weekends, we ask that you wait to place your order until a business day so that we can edit your order immediately after it is placed.
- Are the animals, fairies or sea creatures used in the My Very Own® books ever repeated?
Our inventory includes 3-4 animals/fairies/sea creatures for every vowel and 2-3 animals/fairies/sea creatures for almost every consonant. The letters that have only one option are the Q, X & Z. The only time we would repeat an animal, fairy or sea creature is if the number of the same letter in the child’s name exceeds the amount available. Please take a virtual tour to see all the available animals/fairies/sea creatures.
- How do I include the child's middle name in the book?
Please type the child's name in the field called "Child's Middle Name". There is an extra $4.99 charge for the inclusion of the child's middle name in the My Very Own® books because it makes the books longer. For those books, if you enter a name in the middle name field, $4.99 will automatically be added to your order at check-out.
- Why is there an extra charge for middle name?
The inclusion of the child’s middle name makes the books longer in the My Very Own® books that spell out the child’s name. Animals, fairies or sea creatures bring letters to spell out the child’s middle name, one letter and one page at a time. The extra charge is to cover the extra paper and labor needed to add those personalized pages.
- Can I include the child's first and middle names instead of first and last names?
Yes, we can make a book that includes the child's first and middle names, instead of first and last names. This does not compromise the book in any way; the book will be excellent. To use a middle name and not a last name, please enter the middle name in the middle name field and do not enter anything in the last name field. If you order a My Very Own® book that spells out the child’s name, you will be charged $4.99 extra to include the middle name, even if the last name is not included.
- In the My Very Happy Birthday book, is the birth date or "celebrating which birthday" required?
Neither the birth date nor "which birthday the child is celebrating" is required to order the My Very Happy Birthday board books. We can make the book without knowing either the birth date or which year the child is celebrating.
- If you do not provide a birth date, we will not include it on the title page or in the book. We'll use generic text instead. The book still makes a great birthday gift!
- If you tell us which birthday the child is celebrating (1st, 2nd, etc.), we'll include the number that the child is celebrating on the cover and throughout the book. The cake will include the correct number of candles!
- If you answer "any" to the question about which birthday the child is celebrating, the book will not include a number and will look like the book shown in the main virtual tour. We do not calculate which birthday the child is celebrating because many books are given as belated birthday gifts after the birth date has passed. Some customers select "any" so that the child can read the birthday book year after year on his or her birthday.
- May I use two names in the First Name Field for Multiple Children and/or Siblings?
Unfortunately, our software is set up to feature only one child and/or sibling’s name in our books, with the exception of our Who Loves You? for Twins book and Hello World! Twins book. While all of our books will allow 15 characters/spaces per field, none of the other text is changed to reflect multiple children entered in the First Name field. Please take a Virtual Tour of the book that you'd like to order to make sure that the text will be acceptable to you.
- Will my child's full name be printed throughout the book?
All of our books print the child's full name (or what is entered upon ordering) on the Dedication Page. Only the First Name field appears throughout the book in most cases. We recommend that you take a Virtual Tour of the book that you’re interested in to see how the name is displayed throughout the book.
- I want my child's formal name to appear on the Dedication Page, but use his nickname throughout the book. Is this possible?
Unfortunately, our software currently only allows for First, Middle and Last Names. There is not a special provision for nicknames. The name entered in the First Name field will be used on the cover (if it is a personalized cover,) the Dedication Page and throughout the book.
- Can I change the time and location on the Birthday Party Invitation in the My Very Happy Birthday book?
The location and the time of the birthday party on the invitation is the same in every book and cannot be altered.
- Can I have the "My Very Own Pirate Tale" made for a girl?
Yes, our Pirate Book can be ordered both for boys and girls. Please take a virtual tour of the book. You will notice the "Pirate Child" is illustrated in such a way that it does not depict gender and all references to a girl or a boy are automatically changed to match the gender that is chosen when ordering.
- How long does it take to receive the book once it has been ordered?
For details on delivery times and shipping costs please visit Shipping Information.
- How long does it take to produce a book and how will it affect the delivery date?
All shipping times listed on our shipping information page and in the shipping method table at checkout include your gift's production time.
- Can I use more than one promotion code in the same order?
No, only 1 discount/voucher/promotion code can be used per order. Select the code that has the highest value and use that one.
If your code starts with an @ sign, then it is a gift certificate code which is like cash. More than one gift certificate code can be used in a single order.
- Where do I enter my promotion code?
If you have a special discount or promotional code, you must enter that code while viewing your cart. Please enter your code and click "Apply Coupon". If you click "Apply Coupon" and your code does not work, see the next question/answer for possible reasons why this is occurring.
- Why isn't my free shipping code working?
Below are possible reasons why your code might not be working:
- The code usually only applies to Standard delivery, not to Expedited or Air delivery. Please be sure to select Standard delivery.
- The code only applies to domestic deliveries, not international deliveries.
- The code might have expired.
- Be sure you entered the code exactly as you received it, with no extra spaces in between the characters.
- If your code starts with the @ symbol, then enter that symbol as the first character. (If your code does not start with the @ symbol, then do not enter it or else it will render the code unusable.)
- After you enter the code, please be sure to click the "Apply Coupon" button found to the right of that field.
- How do I ship books to different addresses within one order?
We are very sorry, but it is not possible to ship one order to multiple addresses. You may place your orders individually and email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask if a shipping adjustment would be allowed.
Please note that guaranteed Christmas delivery is free on orders of $75 or more ONLY if all the items in the order are shipped to the same address. Our customer service team will not be able to grant free shipping on items that total over $75 going to multiple addresses.
- Can I order with checks or money orders?
No, sorry, we are not able to accept checks or money orders. All orders for our books need to be ordered with a credit or debit card, or via PayPal.
- When will my credit card be charged?
Because each book is made especially to your order, we charge your credit card upon receiving your order.
- Is it safe for me to use my credit card on this site?
For security, we encrypt your credit card and order information using Secure Socket Layer technology. This protects you from "prying eyes" that might otherwise attempt to steal personal information from you, such as your credit card or payment information. This technology is an Internet standard.
- Why does the shopping cart say it's empty when I try to put items into it?
Your privacy or firewall software, or your browser might be set to block cookies. To resolve this issue, you can change your settings using the below instructions. Or, you can call us at 1-877-744-3210 and we will be happy to take your order over the phone.
To resolve cookie problems in privacy or firewall software:
1. Launch your privacy or firewall software. 2. Navigate to the section with cookie controls. 3. Choose to accept cookies.
Instructions for enabling cookies for common browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x: 1. Open Internet Explorer. 2. From the Tools menu select "Internet options". 3. Select the Privacy tab. 4. Move the slider down to any setting other than "Block All Cookies".
Mozilla Firefox users: 1. Open Mozilla Firefox. 2. From the Tools menu, select "Options". 3. Click the Privacy icon. 4. Click the + sign to expand the Cookies section. 5. Select the "Allow sites to set cookies" option. 6. Click "OK".
- I am sending my gift directly to the child. Will an invoice or anything showing the dollar amount spent be included with the gift?
No, the dollar amount spent will not be included with the package. Many of our customers have their gifts sent directly to the recipient. Invoice information is never included on the packing slip, only the items to be included with the order along with the printed "Gift Message," if one is entered.
- Where and how is the gift message printed?
The gift message will be printed on the packing slip, which is sent in the package with the book to the recipient. This message should be no longer than 175 characters. The message will be “word wrapped” by the computer so do not type the “enter” key to separate lines. When the enter key is pressed, your message will include a / character. Thus, please type a message such as: “Dear Mike, I hope you will always treasure this book and think of Uncle John and me when you read it. Love, Aunt Mary”.
Instead of: “Dear Mike,/ I hope you will always treasure this book and think of Uncle John and me when you read it./ Love,/ Aunt Mary/”
- Do you have gift certificates?
Yes, gift certificates are delivered in the mail approximately 1 week after ordered. We also offer electronic gift certificates that can be emailed to a recipient at checkout.
- Can I ship a gift certificate internationally?
The gift certificates were designed for use in the U.S. If you ship a gift certificate internationally, it will take approximately 3 weeks to arrive. The value of the gift certificate will be $42.90 and the recipient will need to use their credit card to pay for the incremental cost of shipping the book internationally.
- Can I use a discount code when purchasing gift certificates?
No. Discount codes can only be applied to books and gift items (placemats, puzzles, lunchboxes, growth charts, and stickers).